Wednesday 3 May 2017

Richard’s Merritt’s Pat-a-Cake Premiere!

Published by Pat-a-Cake books, a brand new baby, preschool and early years imprint from Hachette Children’s group, these adorable peek and play rhyme books, delightfully illustrated by Richard Merritt are out tomorrow, and they were so pleased with the results that Richard has been commissioned for two more coming next year! Richard says of taking this inspiring new direction:

“It’s really exciting to be part of a brand new publishing imprint, so I was thrilled to be asked to create the artwork for these wonderful books. The illustrations were a welcome diversion from what I’ve usually done in my career to date, as I’ve always wanted to get involved with baby and toddler books because they are such fun to do, thinking of all the cute little details for the children to spot as they read - I even found myself humming along to the nursery rhymes as I worked!”


So warm up those vocal chords for a good old fashioned sing-along! Get your copies here


No comments:

Post a Comment