Thursday 29 November 2018

Richard Johnson's Beautiful Blizzard Book!

We are thrilled to announce the release of Richard Johnson's brand new picture book with Faber & Faber children's books. When a snowstorm separates a boy from his father, who will come to his rescue and bring him safely back home?  Filled with sumptuous, atmospheric artwork this is sure to be a hit this winter with its glorious snowy scenes and heartwarming story, all told in this stunning wordless picture book.

Richard gives insight into the project:

"My initial ideas for the story developed around my own relationship with my father and an exploration of the relationship between nature and man. The narrative is designed to be wordless, as there are certain themes I wanted the viewer to explore themselves so I didn't want words to influence the pictures too much.

I was also inspired by the cinematography of Iñárritu’s The Revenant and Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, which I think I might of subconsciously combined with inspiration from Murakami and Briggs' The Snowman."

The perfect Christmas present this year, get your copy of Once Upon and Snowstorm here!


No comments:

Post a Comment